Rev. Dr. Anita Farber-Robertson
I am delighted to engage in conversation with you about the exciting time of transition that is opening up before you. It is a wonderful opportunity for learning and growing and shaping your future; a time I’d love to share with you.
The interim period is a uniquely intentional and focused time for a congregation and its ministry. Areas of congregational life have been identified as most beneficial for focus during the interim. The work may be challenging, but it is also joyful and deeply satisfying.
During the Interim Period, congregations are well served when with their minister, in addition to carrying out the normal functions and tasks of congregational ministry, they focus on:
● Claiming and honoring the congregation’s past and engaging and honoring its grief and conflicts.
● Recognizing its unique identity and its strengths, needs and challenges.
● Clarifying the appropriate leadership roles of minister(s), church staff, and lay leaders and navigating the shifts in leadership that may accompany times of transition.
● Making appropriate use of regional, UUA, and other outside resources.
● Proudly coming into possession of a renewed vision and strong stewardship, prepared for new growth and new professional leadership, ready to embrace the future with anticipation and zest.
You and your congregation will focus on what is most meaningful and needful in your transition. It would be my joy and honor to do that with you.
ABOUT REV. ANITA
ACCREDITED INTERIM MINSTER
GET IN TOUCH: